About a month ago I was invited to check out a rough cut of a documentary I shot some stuff for on Venus and Serena Williams. I guess it is fitting to post this now, since Serena has made it to her seventh Wimbledon Finals. I will be hoping she wins once again.
It’s always an interesting thing to see how a project is evolving from the raw material captured along the way. Their story is quite compelling to say the least. My part in the overall project was quite small, but I did spend time with Venus and Serena and found them to be both quite charming ladies.
One of the highlight of the screening for me, aside from what populated the flickering screen, was sitting next to and getting to chat with legendary jazz bassist Bob Cunningham and his wife. Actually it was more like chatting with his wife, while he listened and chimed in every now and then. He is, as it turns out, quite a shy guy….!
I guess I can relate to that side of Bob Cunningham in many ways.
When did you become shy Henry? haha
- myoholion1012 likes this
- rapluo likes this
- thefaceof-beau likes this
- i-am-b-east likes this
- truthislove-always reblogged this from mybutbeautiful
- truthislove-always likes this
- derica likes this
- the-srinimatographer likes this
- curvydallas likes this
- avivajazz reblogged this from mybutbeautiful
- avivajazz likes this
- aprillundy likes this
- louxosenjoyables likes this
- sheilastansbury reblogged this from atane
- joshlawrencejazz likes this
- atane reblogged this from mybutbeautiful and added:
- astec likes this
- randomberlinchick likes this
- mybutbeautiful posted this