The Shrine of the Masters (SOM) Gallery in Harlem houses a permanent collection dedicated to the life and music of Lee Morgan.
Lena Sherrod, the executive director of the SOM Jazz Gallery put together this event to commemorate and honor Lee Morgan, as well as Jim Harrison from Jazz Mobile. The speakers included legends like Larry Ridley, Louis Hayes and Harold Mabern. I took a few pics of the event space.
Click here for a recent NY Daily News article on the gallery.
- nickydracoulis likes this
- bluesyqueue likes this
- primaopoi likes this
- soulmess likes this
- silentway likes this
- onedownoneup reblogged this from atane
- behardfreebop reblogged this from mybutbeautiful
- satchelpage97 said: Add this to the agenda on the next time I visit NY.
- ydr313 reblogged this from atane
- ydr313 likes this
- butta-fly likes this
- already--forgotten likes this
- joshlawrencejazz likes this
- nostalgicwiththestateofmind likes this
- lloydscott likes this
- devoya reblogged this from damoses
- jazzinbooks reblogged this from atane and added:
- devoya likes this
- mybutbeautiful reblogged this from atane and added:
- damoses reblogged this from atane
- damoses likes this
- atane posted this